Religious Trauma & Politics
A Mini Series on Religious Trauma & Politics
Join us as we explore the impact of Politics on Religious Trauma through a trauma-informed lens.
10 Video Conversations with Clinicians & Guest Experts
- How politics and elections impact religious trauma
- How religious trauma shows up during an election cycle
- Strategies for navigating religious trauma triggers
- Strategies for trusting yourself instead of the group
- Strategies for navigating politically charged relationships
- How to set and maintain embodied boundaries
- The intersection of religious trauma, race, and politics
- Religious Trauma, Politics, and #MeToo #ChurchToo
- The history of the relationship between religion and politics
- The impact of religious trauma and politics on LGBTQIA+ folx
We want this content to be accessible to everyone, and there's not cost for the Mini Series. If you value this resource and want to support the work we're doing, you're welcome to contribute here.
Thank you for joining us, we're glad you're here!
Laura Anderson, LMFT & Brian Peck, LCSW
10 Lessons in Religious Trauma & Politics:
1. Religious Trauma During an Election Cycle
Explore how politics and elections impact religious trauma.
2. Recognizing Triggers
Explore how religious trauma shows up during an election cycle.
3. Navigating Triggers
Explore strategies for navigating religious trauma triggers.
4. Learning to Trust Yourself
Explore strategies for trusting yourself instead of the group.
5. Navigating Relationships
Explore strategies for navigating politically charged relationships
6. Embodied Boundaries
Explore strategies for setting and maintaining embodied boundaries.
7. Religious Trauma & Race
Explore the Intersection of Religious Trauma, Race, and Politics
8. #MeToo, #ChurchToo, and Sexual Violence
Exploring the impact of religion and politics on sexual violence
9. Religious Trauma and Politics: A Match Made in Heaven?
Explore the history of the intentional relationship between religion and politics
10. LGBTQ+, Religious Trauma, and Politics
Explore the impact of religion and politics on the LGBTQ+ Community